Whatever the reason you require a structural investigation of your property, be rest assured that we will use all available technologies, from visual observation to sophisticated non-destructive techniques.

The end result is a comprehensive study of the particular building or element under study.

We can help you with the following structural defects;

  • Cracks in internal walls
  • Cracks in external walls
  • Recent or ongoing Settlement or movement
  • Bowing
  • Floors lifting and settling
  • Roof structure sagging
  • Walls out of plumb
  • Chimney defects

We try not to talk in “jargon” and we aim to be as plain speaking and approachable as possible.

How We Work

Our first task is to collect as much archival information about the building as possible – its original date of construction; original architect and engineer; availability of existing drawing, particularly framing plans, column schedules and details; information on floor systems and wall thicknesses.

We also conduct visual conditions surveys, without making any destructive probes. These consist of visual observations using high power optical instruments such as telescopes, binoculars, and telephoto lenses where applicable.

We note any cracks, deflections, deformations, inclinations, damage, water stains, spalls, corrosion, rot, etc. Information is recorded on photographs, electronic images and drawings. From our experience, we are often able to predict what is occurring in the structural members that may be concealed behind architectural finishes.

We are very sensitive to the requirements of a building owner and to the recommendations for historic buildings to disturb as little of the original fabric as possible. We can often glean a great deal of information from very few probes.

The final result is a comprehensive, well documented structural investigation report.

Just let us know what you need help with and one of our friendly team will call you back.

Book a Phone Consultation

We are often called in to help our customers when a HomeBuyers Report identifies specific structural defects.

Please note we do not undertake HomeBuyers Reports, we only report on specific structural issues.

If you require a homebuyers report, The Royal Institute of Chartered Surveyors (RICS) will be the best place to find a qualified surveyor.


Quick Response

We chose Michael Aubrey Partnership as they were recommended to us.
We were kept well informed,
it was painless to get building regulations and we received quick responses to any questions.